28 October 2015

A Scary Plan...................has Succeeded


Well everything that was for sale is sold. This included my Prussian and Austrian armies plus their respective lead piles. Also surprisingly, the Hanoverian Brigade sold quickly. With these funds I can replace my present French and Anglo-Portuguese armies with painted 18mm AB miniatures unit for unit. I received my first AB unit from Spain today and the painting has exceeded my expectations, I am chuffed.

After discussion with my friend Iannick in Montreal (he only pleaded a bit), I have decided to keep my Anglo-Portuguese Army and my Brunswick Corps in 28 mm. It is only fair, as Iannick really was my impetus early on to paint 2700 Napoleonics. Oddly enough he was also babbling something about 6mm, but we will keep that under wraps for now!

Well that leaves almost 1000 French to get rid. I have decided now that since I have the money to essentially fund almost a year of commission painting from the initial sell off, the French collection will go at a more controlled rate. The first battalion, the 54e ligne is now up on TMP. This is really the best painted unit in the collection except for maybe the 13e legere. 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad (and impressed) that you cleared the decks so quickly. Congratulations! I'm glad you'll retain at least your Anglo-Portuguese and Brunswick forces in 28mm, though.

    6mm is heresy indeed. I must confess that scale really doesn't do it for me at all. However, step up a notch to 10mm and the look improves dramatically, at least in my not very humble opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, very early stages with 6mm indeed.

      John

      Delete
  2. Great results on moving your collection so quickly. I'm with Peter, good to see some of the collection staying in place. If you ever decide to go back to 28mm, you will have a core from which to build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was happy to keep some of it in place.

      John

      Delete