23 February 2015

Chronica Iohannes: Massacre on the Swale




We had another battle in our Dux campaign about 10 days ago and it did not go well for the Britons. In a stunning reversal of fortune, the Saxons got a +6 victory. You can see the AAR on Adam's blog.

He really played a great game, by avoiding my shieldwall and maneuvering into positions where he could chip away at my troops. I do not remember the exact numbers but I believe I lost 23 men to Adam's 7. Really a great Saxon victory.

But the worse was yet to come, as Adam had won a battle he could now lay siege to one of my provinces. The length and success of a siege is decided by a single dice roll and Adam threw a 2, really an extremely lucky toss, as the siege only lasted a month before he took the province of Caterick. What was worse is that he now has raised his warlord to a King, has gained another unit of warriors and was able to gain two more gold in an uncontested raid in the month of July, 553.

Well I really will have to pull up my socks in our upcoming battle, hopefully this week.

2 comments:

  1. What a great write-up for your campaign. I really love materials like these which mimic period writings. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete