06 February 2014

British Paratroops




These 20 mm figures were a bit of a challenge. I have never painted personal camouflage in the past, and the dennison smock that the these paratroopers took me 3 goes before I had it right. I am sure they could be done better but for war gaming they look OK. I will get better on my next go with them. The figures are from TQD castings, and really they are quite nice. Beautifully proportioned, with lots of neat stuff, my only complaint are that they are on slotta bases. I had to hack off the slots for the Senior Leaders as I base them on nickels, rather then pennies, but I used the supplied bases for the men. The faces are just great, although I think I have to work on the mustache on the chief. I have ordered more figures as I have decided that I will do a whole platoon for Chain of Command. The proportions are a bit wrong for a paratroop section as I was short of rifles, but that will be corrected when new supplies arrive. We have two senior leaders, a Piat Team, a Bren team, a 2" mortar team as well as troops with rifles and SMG's.


Too bad about the slotta bases

Keep on forgetting to fix "tasch"

Nice figure

Bren Team

Piat Team

Struggled a bit with the choice of colour for webbing.

Another group view

They do look cool and I am exciting about painting more

Next up will be some nice Winter War Finns, not as nice a figures as these, but over all effect looks good.

5 comments:

  1. Nice figures. Look forward to your AARs for Chain of Command.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Surprisingly nice for 20mm minis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, must admit I thought they were 28mm at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. was going to ask what 28mm range they were........doh.nice work, yep fix 'tache please, it looks like Baldric's slug from Blackadder hehehe

    ReplyDelete