26 February 2013

Dux Britanniarum: Romano British Warriors



I am now more then half way though my Romano-British force for Dux Britanniarum. Just three units of Numeri left to do. Here we have the 2 units of 6 figures each of the Milites as well as 4 Skirmishers with slings. All Gripping Beast figures. Each unit of Milites has a banner from LBMS, as are the shield transfers. As the Milites are regular infantry so unlike levy I wanted to keep them uniform, but with less detailed clothing then the 1 elite unit of Comanipulares. I thought white looked best. White base, AP Dark Tone, then a dry brush of GW Dry Praxeti White. As they can form into a shield wall movement trays were also painted. I have to say that I am really pleased with how these came out.








(82694)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work John, love them shields!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking warriors!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Lads, I've never tried Dux so I'll look forward to an AAR some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice John.
    Is Dux Britanniarum similar to Dux Bellorum? I've got a trial game lined up of the later lined up later this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greate painting !!!!

    Work realy nice with the smal banner on each group to !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a superb paint job on these.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the old-style Gripping Beast figures. Some of the recent ones, especially the plastics, have just not been as nice. You have really made a superb job of these. Nicely photographed too

    ReplyDelete